Monday, February 6, 2012

The World of My Own, but Shared by Many


While I was searching my soul a little bit tonight, I encountered a letter from a long time ago in my personal notebook.  I decided to share it with you because reading back over it, I realized a lot of people are going through the same thing as me, and many have already gone through the same thing as me.  Enjoy reading!  This was written almost two years ago at the end of my freshman year of college.  It was written to myself and as a prayer to myself for my future.

My Dearest Child,

Amen I say to you, God is always there and here for you. No matter where you are in life. He is with you when you are joyous and when you are sad. He is with you when you are in the light and he is with you when you are in the dark. When you found out you got accepted to USD, he was sitting right beside you cheering you on, and when you let yourself and others around you down he was there beside you. When you felt discouraged to move on, he gave you the strength to move on and with the support of your brothers and your parents you were given the courage to do so. God gave you this difficult time so you could learn from it and make the future better. There are people who have touched your life this year and made you who you are today. Jeanette gives you the want to go out and help the less fortunate. Your brother gives you the strength and knowledge to know that no matter what happens or what grade you get that it doesnt define who you are today.

There are things about you that are amazing gifts from God! You are always positive and can look at almost any situation and pull out the positive. Never change. Spread love with a smile, and be kind hearted. Just like Mom taught you. You are a strong woman and no one can change how strong you are. Never change.

Promise yourself and God that this summer you will walk, run, and sprint with the Lord.  You will walk with him by your side in your stressful days. You will run with him in your faith life and let it grow in you.  You will sprint forward to the faith you are about to encounter. Promise to learn and keep your heart open to whatever you need to and to God. Peace; be peaceful and feel peace.  Spread peace to the ones around you. You are awesome and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise. You are strong and no matter what, you can walk over any bridge you encounter. Through the love of God there is strength, and that is all you need. I love you, God loves you, and your family loves you! No matter what they are always with you!

God Bless! And Know that You are Loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment