Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just Another Day in History

I have overheard so many countless conversations this past week about what girls are doing for Valentines day.  On top of that, I cant count how many times I have heard (with a negative tone) that girls dont have anyone so why should it matter anyways?  Its singles awareness day right?  WRONG! It does matter and no one is alone! Some people need to realize the real meaning of Valentine's Day, or look at it with a better attitude.  Valentine's Day is not all for the meaning of romantic love, but also includes the meaning of love.  You love your family right? You love your friends right? So go out and experience that world on your own! Your single, your alone on Valentine's... who cares? This is a time for you to go out and learn who you really want to be.  Text your mom, tell her you love her. Call dad and tell him you love him too! Tell everyone who you really care about that they mean something to you in your life, and quit feeling sorry for yourself.  There are many times in my life where I could look back and be depressed about this holiday, but then I realize that I have a lot of loving people in my life, and no matter how alone I will feel on that day, I am never alone.  To me this holiday is about Love and no matter what that love is whether it be romantic love or just friendship love, its LOVE and thats all I really need.  "All ya need is love" as the beatles would put it :) Love is all ya need!!  So get up this week and put a smile on, forget about the depressed singles awareness attitude and wake up from loneliness.  Hold the ones around you close because you never know when you are going to lose them.  And dont let this holiday end.  Spread love every where you go, every day for the rest of your life.  Valentine's day doesnt have to end! Men shouldnt need a day to tell their wives how much they truly mean to them or how much they truly love them.  Women shouldnt need a day to receive chocolates and red roses and whatever else comes with this day, because we all love each other the same every other day.  So why not start now and celebrate it year round.  This Holiday is not a depressing day, so wake up from depression rise up and defeat yourself.  You are the product of your own attitude and attitude is a choice. Be positive and be happy that you are alone, or be happy that you are not alone and you have someone.  But just be happy no matter where you are in life because you were meant to be where you are today whether that be alone or not.  So I wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day, whether single, in a relationship, in between that, married, wherever your heart has led you, be happy and grateful for where you are today, because when it comes down to it, God is love and you wouldnt be where you are without him.  So Happy Valentine's Day God, you have given me the gift of Love and that has gotten me so far in life; experiencing many challenges and learning along the way, and for that I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment