Monday, September 5, 2011

Lost and Found at Sea

So this song randomly came into my life this week.  It kept playing in my car and the more and more I listened to and sang along to it, the more and more I fell in love with it.  When I realized today I hadnt posted my blog, I realized I should probably do that so I started thinking about what I was going to write and decided to call it Lost and Found at Sea.  Then I remembered this song.  So I would like to start this post with the lyrics to this song and if you get the chance listen to Mayday by The Icarus Account, because it really is a good song.

Mayday Mayday
Someone save me
I am fragile
Oh somebody rescue me
Oh somebody tell me you will
Concrete Heartache Left me awake
Sleepless Sleeper
Oh somebody wake me up
Oh somebody tell me you will
Tell me that you're going to save me
That everything is gonna be ok
I'm screaming but nobody can hear me
Can you save me from myself? No, no, no, no
How can the be? I've tried and tried and tried
But I'm sill lost out at sea
When did I become the things that
I used to hate I'm stranded to this ship
Left to fall with a crash of the waves (mayday)
Tell me that you're going to save me That everything is gonna be ok
I'm screaming but nobody can hear me
Can you save me from myself? Mayday Mayday Mayday



Many times in my life I have felt lost out at sea, and I often wonder if I will be found.  I look around me and realize that this is normal; it is normal for me to feel stress, to worry about things, or to feel anxiety over some things.. this is normal, yes, but it is not the end of the world.  We are fragile human beings and sometimes the littlest things get to us, and we dont even realize it.  We stress about grades in school, we stress about work if its not going the way we would like, we worry about what we look like in the eyes of others, whether we are strong or whether we are weak, we are all fragile.  It is easy to break us, its just not easy to realize these little things that are getting to us.  Sometimes unhappiness, or heartache can be like concrete on the heart; it is a heavy burden to carry.  Especially if you dont even realize you are carrying it.  Jesus carried his cross, he carried burdens, and whether or not this was as tough as ours, he gave us the ability to carry them and get through it.  However I do not believe this has to happen alone.. Jesus also gave us each other to help with the burdens we carry.  We are not supposed to walk through this world alone, we are not supposed to be going through hard times alone.  So look around you and find that someone who is there to help you.  You cannot expect to do this alone because we were not made strong enough to handle all our burdens alone.  When you realize that you are having a hard time with something, or that you are lost, then scream for somebody to help you, do not shut everyone out because there is someone in that crowd that is there to help you.  I believe someone will be there to hear you, and they can save you from your pain.  If you have to call a Mayday and no one hears you, then talk to the one who hears all your cries.  Talk to God, find peace in him and he will give you rest.  God is powerful and merciful and he will never let us hurt when we are crying out.  Often times when I am lost, the first place I think to go is to God.  Turn to him and he will put a smile on your face, he will be the lighthouse you need to find your way home, he will tell you that "everything is going to be ok."



No comments:

Post a Comment